Break out from the traditional breakfast and try some chia seed pudding; it’s simple and easy to make and it is a great nutritious breakfast option.
(Creates 2 servings)
- 1 cup of your choice of milk (I use Almond Milk)
- 1/3 cup of Black Chia Seeds
- 5 or 2 tsp Honey
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Raw cacao powder
- Crushed almonds
- Pureed avocado
- Mix the milk and the chia seeds together in a bowl
- Add the honey, the cinnamon, and the vanilla extract and mix everything together
- Place in the fridge overnight (Some people say that 5-8 hours is enough; I prefer keeping it overnight for better results)
- The next morning the mixture would have hardened up
- Add the raw cacao powder and the cinnamon onto the mixture and then pour into x cups in order to add the toppings.
The best part about chia seed pudding is the topping; you can get as creative as possible with the toppings. You can choose two fruits and a nut in order to have a wide variety; you can even keep it simple and only have one fruit; it all depends on the ingredients you have and on your taste.
I’ve tried out half a sliced banana with some crushed almonds and walnuts.
Another good combo is pureed avocado with banana and mango.
And lastly, a classic combination is banana, strawberries and some crushed almonds or coconut.
Don’t be afraid of experimenting, you might be amazed with the variety of different flavors you can create with the toppings.
Finally, Don’t forget to share your pictures with us!
PS: Please not that this recipe is inspired by Healthy Happy Us’s chia seed pudding recipe.